- Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life, but define yourself.
- If you want to change the world, change yourself.
- Real fulfillment in life begins when you decide who you really want to be, then take a step in that direction.
- Are the choices you are making now bringing you peace or stress?
- Never complain, Resist the temptation to make excuses.
“If you end up with a boring miserable life because you listened to your mom, your dad, your teacher, your priest, or some guy on television telling you how to do your shit, then you deserve it.”
― Frank Zappa
The phrase “How to be myself” gets over 5 million searches per month in Google. That shows how common it is for people to feel disconnected from their true self and how interested they are in reestablishing that long lost connection. We all have a built in set of personal values. If we lose touch with those values we lose touch with our true self. When we violate those values we violate our relationship with the person that we really are. To truly be yourself, it is vital that you identify those values and make every effort to live by them. To feel good about our pursuits and goals they need to represent some form of pleasure. Recognize the things that you are currently doing that are out of alignment with your core standards and personal values, then re-evaluate your actions to make your new goals meaningful and lasting. Let’s help each other stay positive and real!