- Get 15 to 20 minutes of laughter in a day in the same way Doctors recommend at least 30 minutes of exercise daily.
- Acquaint yourself with opportunities such as laughter groups.
- Listen to comedy Radio on the way to work, store etc.
- Call up a funny friend to get a good conversation going.
- Check out awkward family photos.
- The relationship between humor and health is a complex one. Groucho Marx once noted that “A clown is like an aspirin, only he works twice as fast.”
Let us begin to consider that, along with eating your vegetables and getting enough sleep, laughter is a sound prescription as a wonderful way to enhance health. Laughter as an exercise, or laughter yoga, emerged systematically through laughter clubs. Many people find these classes a totally joyful experience in part because laughing in a group adds a sense of communion and connection to the larger world – plus a nice rush of feel-good endorphins. In fact, it’s virtually impossible not to laugh in these types of classes. My husband and I watched some youtube videos of laughing yoga, it looked so silly that we were cracking up just watching it, but then you really start laughing and it was awesome! YouTube.com is gold mine of funny movie clips and comedy bits that can help bust the stress of the day – and help you face the rest of it in a better frame of mind. My personal favorites, Just about any clip featuring Jim Carey on “In Living Color”, “The buck toothed Shark” clip, News reported swallows a bug, George Carlin, Chris Rock, Dave Chappelle, Comedy Central Roasts.
Most of us are never more than a few moments away from a funny, mood-lifting activity. Change your radio station to a comedy station on the way to work or even at home to get yourself laughing! Below is a hilarious voice-mail left by a guy who was calling his boss to tell him he was going to be late…enjoy!!!