- Our bodies were not meant to be stationary and immobile, they were meant to be in motion. Regular exercise not only helps physically but can reduce our risks of heart disease, cancer, high blood pressure and diabetes. It can also help reduce the aging process.
- Exercise and regular physical activity improve quality of life. They get us off the couch and interacting with friends and loved ones. This daily practice is a great stress reliever.
- Turn up the music and have dance party in the living room with the family and break a sweat.
- Start doing your own landscaping, mow the grass, plant new trees and shrubs. Not only is this good for the environment but it is more physically involved than you think.
- Play sports, do you remember how much fun it was to play kickball, well there are leagues for adults. Join a softball team, have a pick up basketball game with the family, get out there and make exercise fun, you will be much more motivated to get up and play.
Give yourself some time to get back into motion, start with walking and continue to find activities that keep you in motion and raise your heart rate. There is not a pill you can take that will do more for your health and well being than good old fashioned exercise. Having a busy schedule is no reason to let your health slip. Organize some exercise time for co-workers and rejuvenate that child that has been laying dormant inside of you. Exercise doesn’t have to be the traditional laps around the track or hours in a gloomy gym, any activity that makes you sweat and gets your heart rate up is a great place to start. Make it fun and you will be motivated to push yourself to do more.