- Create greeting cards to send the men and women overseas. Find instructions at AMillionThanks.org.
- Knit cute hats for chemotherapy patients. HatsOffForCancer.org.
- Show kids how to garden or cook healthy foods. Check out EdibleSchoolyard.org for a list of local programs.
- Teach seniors how to email and surf the Web. Google senior and community centers in your area.
- Help build and maintain hiking trails. Research volunteer vacations at AmericanHiking.org.
Every day we should socialize and be kind to each other. If somebody has fallen, we should raise that person up. If somebody is going down, we should lift him. If somebody is hungry, we should feed him. In this life, there are challenges. These challenges challenge how much sweetness is in you and how much sweetness you want to share. God and divinity and nonsense and all the yadda yadda claims and yoga and standing on your head and everything. What is it? What have you learned? How many people have you hugged? How many children have you played with? What are you up to?